5 Tips for a Stress-Free Move
When it comes to moving, most people wouldn't have it on their list of top things to do in life. Moving can be time-consuming and cause varying levels of stress depending on where you're moving, how much stuff you need to pack, how many family members are going with you and more.
The good news is, stress-free moving can be achieved through proper planning. Even if these tips don't alleviate all sources of stress for you, we hope they can get you better prepared to have a seamless and relaxing move.
Stress-Free Moving and Packing
To make for a stress-free move, be sure to:
- Give yourself time: Sometimes, a move can sneak up on you and time is not always in your control. However, if possible, try setting aside at least eight weeks for your move. Twelve weeks would be ideal, especially if you plan on hiring movers, but eight weeks should give you enough time to pack and organize everything without too much stress.
- Pack fragile items together: You may be tempted to tuck fragile objects in with soft bedding or other items, but it's better to reserve a few boxes for your breakables and pack them together instead. Mark the box or boxes as "fragile" and make sure you talk to your moving company about the importance of handling these with care.
- Declutter in advance: Several days before moving day, sort through your belongings to determine what's worth taking with you and what is not. Separate unwanted items into three categories — sell, toss and donate. You'd be surprised at the number of people who could benefit from your unwanted items, so be sure to take any donations to your local thrift store or Goodwill.
- Keep your kitchen packing organized: Kitchens often take the longest time to pack up. Placing kitchen items into categories can help you stay organized. Mark each box clearly, such as flatware and cups, mixers, dishes and utensils. That way, when you transition into your new home, you can quickly grab the kitchen supplies you need without unpacking everything entirely. Follow this system with every room. Label each box by category and room. For example, you could label the master bedroom "MB" and separate "Bedding," "Clothes," "Shoes" and so on.
- Make a packing plan and start early: Start packing a few weeks before your move — it will help you ensure you have enough boxes to fit all of your belongings. Simply throwing your possessions into plastic bags at the last minute may cause damage to some of your more fragile items. Places like Jugglebox deliver reusable plastic boxes and moving companies often sell them at discounted rates. Also, try to pack boxes on the lighter side to speed up your move.
Relocate Stress-Free With BNT Movers
We hope our stress-free moving tips will ease any anxiety you have about your upcoming transition. As a fully licensed and insured moving company, BNT Movers takes the stress out of the moving process. Since 2006, we've been assisting clients in their moves — whether it's interstate, intrastate or across the globe. Contact us today to learn more about our moving services.
Supported by Our Customers
"They are a wonderful moving company all the men are always respectful they work quick and smart amazing customer service highly satisfied with them."
Gabriella, Satisfied customer
QUALITY MOVING SERVICES
Call Us Today: (570) 842-MOVE
BNT Movers is a fully licensed and insured moving and storage company
BNT Movers offers high quality moving and storage services to the entire continental United States. We will get your belongings to the new destination safely and on-time. National moving services and international shipping is available through our reliable team of professionals. Senior citizen and military for long distance discounts are available for both shipping and moving services.